Thursday, May 15, 2008

Too many bells & whistles

I needed a new cell phone a while back. My phone was so old that the battery fried the sim card and lost all my numbers. Yikes, it's no fun trying to recreate that list! If I haven't called you lately then it may be that I don't have your number. So.... I go into the cell phone store (in this case AT & T) and tell them I just need a basic phone....and 30 minutes later I walk out with the latest cool phone with all the bells and whistles. I told them when I went in that I didn't want anything too complicated...and I need a manual. Fat chance. I got the trickiest phone (with video and e-mail....the works) and NO manual. Luckily Craig hasn't complained about the extra $40. a month for the service....he always lets me do what I want....what a great guy! Before the 30 days were up I was so frustrated with my new phone and I could NOT figure it out.....so I trekked back to the store fully DETERMINED to make them "take it back" (politely, I'm always polite) and give me the basic phone, thank you. Before I left I promised myself I was not going to let them talk me into keeping it...NO WAY. ...I came home that day......with the same phone. My 2 year old granddaughter Jada says it best (as she learned from a boy in her nursery class) "What the HECK???" Anybody got some swamp land they want to sell me? I'm in a buying mood!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Just hang in there mom - technology will catch up to you.