Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Lake Michigan and Asparagus picking!

Our beautiful beach and lighthouses on the pier. It's wonderful to swim in freshwater.
This is where I would spend my entire summer if I didn't have a store and had to be home to sell fruitcake...and be with my husband. ha ha Forget the ocean, most people have no idea how fabulous Lake Michigan is. That's ok, we like it quiet.

This is a little piece of driftwood I found on the beach. I wanted to take it home so my sweet husband got the shovel and dug it up!!! I'm sure it wouldn't fit in the car so I settled for a photo. This is our beach on Lake Michigan. Greater love hath no husband than to try and fulfill his wife's dreams.


This is probably my most favorite view in all the world. It's the walkway down to Lake Michigan from my parents cottage. Lake Michigan is clean and blue and peaceful.



Isn't asparagus funny? It has to be hand snapped since the spears just poke right up from the ground...one by one! They were also great to eat raw.
This is part of my parents farm, I adore the blue skies and lovely fields...the air is clean and the ground is soft and sandy. The trees are all gentle and blow in the breezes of Lake Michigan. I always take my own pictures of myself. I'm a little crazy. I just want to prove I was there!





That is my cute little mother. We were out picking asparagus in the rye field. My dad overplanted the asparagus field on their farm with rye this year, but the asparagus is still coming up between the rows, so fun!!!





No comments: