Friday, October 31, 2008

It's Fall !!

Just some fun images from the backyard of fall. I love the leaves everywhere. Every year I pick up tons of them and press them in books. This one on the right is Stephanie's 15th birthday tree. It's a red maple (planted for her red hair), it's spectacular in the fall.










I love Fall. I love the colors and the cool weather. I love all things made out of pumpkin and my favorite colors are yellow and orange! I switched to pink for a few years in the 80's but now I'm back to my true favorites...yellow and orange.
Our backyard is planted with all kinds of trees that are special to our family. When each of our granddaughters were born we planted a special tree for each of them. A Weeping Cherry for Jada and a Norwegian curly spruce for Kalle. We planted a Tri-color Beech for our son-in-law Chris and Japanese Red Maple for Stephanie when she graduated from college. It's fun to watch the trees and the kids grow!



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love our trees! Thanks mom and dad!