Wednesday, August 13, 2008

BEE Happy!

OK, we've been walking by this railing like, ALL SUMMER, and never noticed this huge Hornets nest teaming with busy MEAN bees. My dad saw a bee and leaned over and about put his nose right in it! Ha, it was sooooo funny (sorry Dad) he was swatting and ducking from the bees that decided to swarm his head. Luckily he got away and we went around the other way and I took this picture. You can see some of the bees on the right side all clinging to the nest. It was COOL! Luckily I didn't get stung because it's the one thing I'm allergic to. OK, here's my bee story. When I was about in high school, it was a Sunday morning and my friend just phoned me to invite me over after church. I got back in bed and was just dreaming about how fun it was going to be at her house and I was watching this bee on the ceiling in my room. suddenly it drops right down on me and lands on my leg and STINGS me. I was positively just laying in my bed! I go screaming to my parents and my mom accuses me of provoking it or stepping on it (it was on the ceiling!!!!) Well, within an hour my foot was swollen up like a watermelon and I had to miss church and seeing my friend and my parents were mad at ME. Talk about a bad day.

No comments: